Baking soda is another fabulous and versatile product to have in your house. You can use it for baking, health, cleaning and beauty. Here are some of the things that I have used it for:
- Toothpaste/Teeth Whitening– It’s not the best taste in the world but its a safe whitener or go to toothpaste if you run out unexpectedly.
- Body/Face Scrub- I make a paste with baking soda and water.
- Takes the sting away- Make a paste to take away the sting of a sunburn or bug bit.
- Keep Flowers Fresh- Adding 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the vase, will keep flowers alive longer.
- Absorb the odors- Put an open container of baking soda in the fridge and it helps keep the odor away.
- Shoe Odor- Sprinkle a little in your boots, shoes, or slippers.
- Garbage Odor- Sprinkle a little at the bottom of the can to help fight off the odor.
- Fruit and Vegetable Cleaner- Scrub your fruit/veggies with baking soda and water.
- Toilet bowl Cleaner– Put a one cup in the toilet, scrub with brush and let sit for an hour, before you flush.
- Dish water- Add 1 teaspoon to your dishwater and it makes scrubbing food off easier.
- Add to laundry- Add 1 cup to your load of laundry to help brighten and freshen your clothes.
- Grease in Pans- Removes grease from pots and pans. I add a couple of tablespoons and let it soak in hot water.
- Clean the grill- Sprinkle a little on a damp brush, scrub grill and rinse.
- Fight Dandruff- Scrub your scalp with baking soda to help fight off dandruff.
- Repels Ants- Sprinkle around windows, pet dishes, or anywhere you see them.