Oh Vinegar! Why do you have to smell so bad? I absolutely hate the smell of it but it does so many amazing things! It is one of the few green cleaning products that you can use and can be used in so many different ways. Here are some of the things that I have used it for:
- Streakless windows: Cleaning windows with vinegar will make them shine and will not leave the usual film or streaks on the glass. Mix equal parts of white distilled vinegar and warm water. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Cleaning solution: I put 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water in a spray bottle, for everyday cleaning. Vinegar is a natural germ killing solution. I use this on my sinks and stainless steel.
- Cleaning the Oven: I make a baking soda and vinegar paste and scrub my oven.
- Garbage disposal cleaner: Make vinegar ice cubes to help clean and keep odor free. Run the cubes through the disposal, and then flush it with cold water for a minute.
- Clean the microwave: Put 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar and 1 cup of water in a microwavable cup. Bring this solution to a boil and it will loosen splattered on food and deodorize.
- Clean coffee pot stains: Run 1 cup of vinegar and 6 cups of water through your automatic coffee pot, to get rid of those hard stains.
- Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards: Wipe with full strength white distilled vinegar
- Getting Rid of Fruit Flies/Gnats in Your Kitchen: Place a bowl filled with ½ quart water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar and a couple of drops of dish soap to attract the fruit flies.
- Cleaning Stainless Steel Appliances: Apply vinegar with a soft cloth, wipe in circular motions to remove streaks from stainless steel appliances.
- Bathtub film: Bathtub film can be removed by wiping with white distilled vinegar and then with baking soda. Rinse clean with water.
- Unclog the showerhead: Corrosion may be removed from showerheads or faucets by soaking them in white distilled vinegar overnight. Do this by soaking a towel and wrapping the showheard or faucet.
- Kill grass/weeds: To kill grass/weeds on sidewalks driveways or yards, spray full strength white distilled vinegar on it.
- Skin burns: Apply ice-cold vinegar right away for fast relief. This will prevent burn blisters!
- Keep the windows frost free: The night before coat the window with three parts vinegar and 1 part water.
- Remove candle wax: To remove it, first soften the wax using a blow-dryer on its hottest setting and blot up as much as you can with paper towels. Then remove what’s left by rubbing with a cloth soaked in a solution made of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a soft, absorbent cloth.
What do you use vinegar for?